Thursday, December 15, 2011

200 Oranges & a Vinegar Museum

December 4, 2011

Sounds like a very exciting week! I do wish I could've been there to experience it and help out (major wind storm and clean up).  That would've been fun to do.  But to be completely honest, not a lot happened this past week.  We started out by going to an all-you-can eat sushi place last Monday and using the Sefa Mon.  It was amazing.  Have you had ebiabocado? It's shrimp, lettuce, mayo and avocado.  BEST THING EVER!!! I loved it and it was sooo good.  I had probably 10 plates of  just that. So yes that was very fun.  One of our ward members gave us about 200 oranges, so we made homemade orange juice with them.  We ended up with about 6 or 7 gallons, so that was fun too haha.


We had a six-month party last Thursday! I can't believe how fast it has gone.  It has been one awesome ride.  We had ton katsu and homemade orange juice, of course.  I cooked dinner five times this past week! I made some way good sweet and sour chicken but the nihonjin said it was too sweet, haha it was really good though. 

We have been getting a lot of calls from the APs this past week about my companionship, one of our investigators and a lot of stuff.  It is crazy. I feel like we are in the middle of everything in the mission.  Even President Baird has called a few times.  In this situation, as a missionary, I don't like having the spotlight like this.  Usually the spotlight is great, but not like this here.  It's hard, but I think it will stop this week and things should improve.  Transfers ends at the end of next week and I can't believe it, I swear it just started.
 
So I had an argument with the other elders on what is better, American or Japanese girls haha. Obviously it's American haha, it was pretty funny though.  We had some fun meals on Saturday.  We made this way good chicken, then this member called and said he was coming over to pick us up and take us to a less active's house.  So we ate way fast, but it was way hot, so we kept burning our mouths and just going haha.  It was a funny scene.  Then when he came, he had Big Macs for us, so we struggled through those.  Then this family took us to an all-you-can-eat Italian Restaurant.  We struggled through that.  Yes, that was a difficult day haha.  The member ended up taking us to a vinegar museum.  Ya, it was weird.  I didn't know vinegar deserved a museum, but when the tour ended, all the nihonjin ran for the store and bought a bunch of vinegar.  It was entertaining.

Well, that's the update from the big easy over seasy! I hope things clear up over there.  Sounds like an adventure though!  Love you all so much!

Elder Parry
aka shortboob

No comments:

Post a Comment