Sunday, September 11, 2011

Japanese Fat Farm





Sounds like a lot of fun in the dirty UT haha.  I'm pretty much lovin' it here. This last week was a huge increase from the week before.  Before I tell about this week, I want to say some cool stuff I've done.  President Baird challenged us to read the Book of Mormon and mark in red pencil every time it refers to Christ.  Oh my goodness has it been awesome! I am getting so much more out of reading it and I can completely follow the storyline! When he gave us this commitment, he asked us to read from the Book of Mormon everyday for the rest of our lives. So I promised.  right after, and he said, `Elder Parry, there will be a day from now in the future.  You will get up around 3 in the morning and go on a boating activity with the young adults in the ward.  You will probably be Bishop. After a long day of boating, eating, and fun around the camp fire, you will be gettin' in bed and trying to tell everyone to go to sleep.  It will be around midnight and you'll be on a hard ground and miserably tired.  Then you`ll realize you haven't read the Book of Mormon.  That day, will you reach in your bag and read from the Book of Mormon?`  Ya I better freakin' read that day.  Haha that's crazy! He is called of GOD!  I love my mission president. We`re going to the mission home today so I get to see him.

Thanks for the newsletters! They made me so happy.  So last p-day we went to the botanical gardens and had lunch which was way fun.  We also played catch with a member in the ward.  I was throwing like half speed and him and Elder Hollister were still like in awe haha.  We had a former investigator take us to get shaved ice.  It was amazing! Probably better than Matsumotos.  So good. 

I went on my first exchange Friday. I went with Elder Jackson to Seto.  It was really fun, nothing special happened.  He did have chicken katsu and peanut butter milk shakes haha.  Some interesting things I've noticed, people in Japan have awful teeth.  Dad, I had mobudofu, it was pretty good, but not my favorite.  I am officially making holes in my belt now.  Haha I'm down to 195 as of today.  Could you guys send me a list of `Minute to Win It` games? I think those would be fun to do for FHE throughout the mission.  OK who the heck is Admiral Perry?! Everyone asks me if we`re related.  It drives me nuts cuz i have no idea who he is. We watched someone do a live paper slide show.  It was way fun and he was so into it. People here know more about the US than I do, it's crazy haha.

Church will never be the same til I come home.  People are running around all over, I have a Bishop who I can't stand but have to, it's all in Japanese. And yesterday we had dogs running around with a drunk guy yellin.  Funny thing about it though, is he`s a new investigator haha. Speaking of them we got three this week! A less active`s wife, the drunk guy, and some Chinese guy.  It's so awesome! The work is moving along great and I'm so excited to see where this all goes from here.  We have a baptism planned for this Sunday, my first one! I also talked to the Allreds.  The Mom doesn't wanna speak to missionaries, but I talked to the one who's my age for a while. He was surprised as much as I was.
So Japanese is extremely difficult.  Just have a prayer in your hearts for me.  It's coming but very slowly. This wouldn't be a mission if it were easy. Hope you enjoy the letter!

Parry Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment