Sunday, April 21, 2013

Six Weeks Left

April 21, 2013

I knew Dad was going to be in the bishopric. That means he has to hook me up with a good homecoming talk theme (none at all would be nice, I can whip something out). But I heard about all the Boston and the Texas bombings. People in Japan knew it was terrorist stuff and they seem to cheer on the US. I don't really understand why either why America gets bombed all the time. Makes living in the land of the free and the home of the brave(s) a bit more difficult eh.

I was super sorry to hear about Caroline's week. I don't really know what to say besides stay strong. God didn't let this happen because He wanted her suffer. He has reason. I have come to figure that out on the mission. There is still so much that I don't understand out here that God has let happen. I wish you could just pray and do everything you are supposed to and it would all work out. Just remember: Life is Good, God is Good.

This week was a great one. Easily said. We did a district activity on Monday and went to a castle in Toyama then the district stayed at the apartment that night and we all went to Kanazawa for interviews together. My interview was amazing with President Baird. First, I got my temple recommend renewed and did the interview in Japanese. Pretty cool. Then I just had a fun talk with president. Talked about the mission, home, sports, the good stuff. I shared some stuff from my patriarchal blessing and just asked what I should do to feel satisfaction and do my best before I go home. Way good advice and just had a solid time.

We had yet another Eikaiwa party, I'm a good host now. Everyone wants a party with the Boob. then it just rained and winded all week. (don't judge, it's my new vocabulary). We had an interesting lunch after district meeting with a member from Takayama. She is crazy, a 35-year-old that really needs to get married. Saturuday was rainy and miserable. We had a lesson with our new investigator Yuka. She is that girl from Eikaiwa who was born with PDD and has Asburger's syndrome. We had a way good lesson, then she came to sports night! We also had Anderson and Louise, our other investigators come too. We played basketball and it was way fun. I am way crappy now. A bunch of people from Toyama, including the missionaries came too.

Sunday was a big day, Yuka came to church and were with her for six hours, church and the church potluck after. She was talking with us a ton, had an amazing time, and made way good friends. She gets nervous in new environments. She talked with the bishop's wife for a long time and ended up crying revealing all of her family problems. It was really special. She is only 27 years old, has the syndrome, and wants a solid Christian-based family that is tough to get in Japan. She is one of my favorite people ever. We met my other favorite people and visited Andarise (the big three). Had a way good time and made a solid plan to quit smoking!

I can't believe I only have six weeks left. It still hasn't completely sunk in yet. It hit a little talkin to President. Tell Kari I'm way happy for her. I love my family, we the best.

Love the Boob

No comments:

Post a Comment