Friday, July 29, 2011

Nihongo Dake

Hey family! Can you believe I just have a little over two weeks left? Haha, this is so crazy I can't even tell you. Time sure has flown by fast, but it seems like forever I saw you guys. I love it just as much as I always have. I knew the mission was gonna come with hard times, so experiencing them only helps me grow stronger. 

We gave Andrus Sensei a goal to go on 3 dates in two weeks. Haha he did it! So we gave him another goal to get 4 in two weeks. They really makes him stretch, but they are reasonable. I told him that he could take a date to the batting cage and get a few swings haha. It's really funny, but I love the relationship I have created with my senseis here. They're like a mom/dad figure for me in the MTC because my branch president and his wife are like non existent.

Thanks a ton mom for the shoes and cake cookies. Everyone in the class LOVED them. Andrus Sensei took two haha. Thanks a bunch and thank you Grandma for the package! I loved it! :)

So Sunday was a crazy day! We were asked to make mormon.org profiles. But we have to add a picture to make the profile. So if you're not too busy, could you get onto my account and just finish it by adding a picture you like? It's ok if you can't, I just think it's really cool. I've done everything. There's also a place you can link it to facebook, so you can do that too. On our temple walk that day, I saw John Gaskill, Kenny Chatfield, and Charlie Chavez! What a surprise! It was way cool, I was really glad to see them and hear how they are doing. It was so great to see where they're at with missions and all, I am just so happy for them. We had a devotional that night by Stephen Allen. He does all those Homefront commercials. He showed us a bunch and had some amazing quotes. I loved it. We then sang Come Come Ye Saints to the Mormon Tabernacle music. It was so amazing! I may or may not have cried, it was so powerful.

Just for your reference, I finished a bottle of the allergy drops. I have one more. could you send me my blue and white flower tie? I just remembered it and realized I wish I would've brought it and could you send me some more of those pens that I took with me? I am using them a lot. Thanks :) HHHhaha funny story. We were messin around on lds.org and I found my mission papers. I pulled them up and found the attachment to my passport. I showed everyone and no one recognized me! Haha it was way funny, everyone was impressed with how well I cleaned myself up.

So on Tuesday and Thursday, we did nihongo dake (speak only Japanese) it was tough, but I think if you keep doing this goal and add more days, it should help us improve a lot.  Elder Batis left on Monday, it was a bittersweet moment. I was sad to see him go but happy to see he him finally get to go. Now I'm in a threesome companionship again. Elder Unice is now with us.  Our group of nihongin came. They're not half as cool as the last group, But oh well. That just means I have a short time here left. I still can't believe it.

ELDER SEATON AND ELDER COX CAME IN!!! Haha I ran around lookin for them in the cafeteria at dinner haha. I sat next to Elder Seaton at dinner. They are lookin great, I'll be honest, I was extremely happy to see them. Elder Cox gave me a big hug and told me it was from the family. Love you guys so much.

We had a great devotional by Elder Simmons from the emeritus 70.  He taught on the importance of molding ourselves on the mission. It was amazing. I know I have molded myself a lot, but I still have so far to go. It's crazy. I absolutely love it though.
 
Dad, thanks for the shirt! I loved it. Andrus Sensei thought it was really cool so he put it on and I took a picture Haha. So I said a really good sentence in one of my lessons this week. see if you can figure it out dad:
イエスキリストのあがないによってわたしたちのつみからきほおさらことができます。


If you can't figure it out, I'll tell you in my next letter. Just so you know, if you come pick me up, I wanna hike Mt. Fuji so you betta get yourself trained haha cuz I want to really bad. Another funny thing dad, I was watching a Mormon message by Elder Holland called God's Words Never Cease and it showed a scene of the Christ movie you were in and I saw you! Haha it was so funny, it made me really happy, not gonna lie.
So i get my travel plans on Thursday! How crazy is that!? I can't believe how fast time has gone by, it feels literally like yesterday it was my first day here and I was hating it haha.  Four deodorants is great.  I hope you guys have a great time together in Colorado! My buddy in my district is super jealous, he's a die hard Rockies fan.  I give him a lot of crap. We agreed to go to his house when we get back and hit up a few games there.  I love it here, I can't even explain it.  But there comes a time when one is about ready to move on, and that's me.  Haha I'm about ready to get over to Japan, even tho I'll cry when I hear so much Japanese i don't know hahaha.  I love you guys so much.  I pray for each one of you every night.  My prayers have been getting unbelievably better.  I feel like with each prayer, I become better friends with my Heavenly Father.  I always pray to help me understand who I really am, ask for opportunities to serve, and I pray for my future wife.  Kinda weird I know, but I really do hope she is happy and I eventually mold myself into being that guy she'll marry.  Isn't this such a great gospel? I just absolutely love it.
I'll send home my journals and sd card and a package of stuff I don't need like a week before I head out.  I don't have aalot, but I want to make sure I can be under 50 pounds on both my bags, so I'll do what I can.  Thanks for all the packages and everything.  I love hearing from all of you and I love the stuff I get.  Dad, you always send me those letters at the most perfect time.  Thanks so much for everything.  I am so excited to go and serve in the same place you did just about 25 years ago.  Andrus Sensei said he wants to go back next summer haha he asked if you could lend him some sky miles as a joke haha.  I love you all, I am so excited to see where life takes you these next two short years. Mom, I know that this summer has been low in activity and it's been somewhat harder not having everyone there.  The lord will bless you for your willingness and diligence you have for this life.  The dogs are there for you to literally be your best friends.  I regret not having a good good-bye to them.  I miss them a lot too haha.  I love you all, next week's letter will be a pretty crazy one!
ai shitte imasu.  gambatte kudasai.  iesu kirisuto no aganai ni yotte watashitachi no tsumi kara kiho sara koto ga dekimasu.  ten no otosama no keikaku no okage de watashi no kazoku chizuku koto ga dekiru.
We are all brothers and sisters,
One love, Elder Parry

"Failure is only when you quit trying. If you keep working at a task and try to do what's right and honest, ultimately it works out." -M. Russell Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment