Sunday, March 11, 2012

Awesome Miracles

So you guys are gonna hate me, maybe not as much as Iwata hates me right now, but transfer calls are in an hour and I'm e-mailing now.  We are busy after calls so we have to e-mail now.  Some people are taking us out for lunch for my birthday, which reminds me HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD hope you have a great day.  I just realized that it's not your birthday there, well I guess I am the first so ha I win! Haha that sounds way awesome from Spring Training. That's way awesome how Sam and Isaac got to be bat boys for the Angels and be so close with everyone, especially The Machine (Albert Pujols).  I got the package and I have to wait until tomorrow to open it.  The Numazu Elders are coming over tonight and we are all gonna celebrate because one of them for sure will transfer.  But for that next package, I'm on the last of the serum, so I probably need that.  I don't know what's in the birthday package, so I have nothing I need haha.

This week was amazing.  We had some awesome miracles.  We did sports night and I was doing so bad at basketball.  I had to get a new brace because my knee had been swelling up haha.  It's ok now though.  It was way fun playing volleyball, my team won 25-4, we did pretty good.  We did an exchange after that and that was really fun and awesome.  Elders Iwata and Bardzinski found an investigator while I was gone! He is a way tough investigator, he just asked the most irrelevant questions for two hours. 



Yes I got the birthday package and the package from dad.  I didn't wait--thanks for the shirt! It's way awesome.  I also got a package from Thomas which made me way happy.  His pictures look so fun.   And he sent real candy from America.  And I got a way sweet tie from him.  He's the man.

I had been praying for new eikeiwa (English class) students this week.  Right before it began I got a random call from two guys who didn't know how to get to the church, so I helped them. They are two 26 year olds, play in a band, way chill and nice guys.  I asked them how they found us.  He said he found an eikeiwa pass a long card in the bathroom at the train station and it said to invite a friend, so he did and they came! How awesome is that!? We talked about the introduction to the Book of Mormon and they had never heard of Christ, the Book of Mormon, or the Bible.  They were all like this must be great stuff they are the words of prophets and God right?  Two new investigators!  Booya.  It was way awesome and I know it wasn't a coincidence. 

Good last DTM (district meeting) of the transfer.  Masuda Shimai is dying (going home) today, so we did a funeral and had some fun. We talked about eikeiwa so it was all in English and we sang the national anthem for the opening song.  We did a pot luck after and had some amazing food.  We then had a lesson with Mirei. She speaks fluent English so I do all the lessons.  After we taught her Lesson 2 (Plan of Salvation), I asked her to pray.  She said 'Heavenly Father, please help me to know if this is true, sorry I only prayed once this week, I will try to pray more.  Thank you for all my many things that make me happy,....'  It was a way awesome prayer and just filled me with the spirit. 

Now the not so great.  Elder Iwata got lost going to an appointment and on the way home.  It was pouring rain and I wasn't going too fast.  I lost him for almost 30 minutes one of the times.  On the way home, he went a different way home and I didn't know because I was leading. I was furious at him and didn't talk to him the rest of the night.  We had a bit of a disagreement and I told him that he speaks too honorifically with me and it's really hard for a foreigner to understand his Japanese.  I was furious.  I had to go sit in the bathroom for like 20 minutes to settle down. 

Well, I love you all, I'll stay on until the calls come and give you an update when it happens.  Happy Birthday again!

The Boob The Boob The Boob
Elder Parry
Note from Becky:  Evan's companion was transferred today and he received a new companion, an American named Elder Shade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment