Sunday, March 25, 2012

New Investigator

March 25, 2012

This was a great email from home. Thank you so much. I was so glad to hear about all the fun going on at home! I can't believe The Hunger Games came out already. I swear it was coming out next year, but I guess 2012 isn't next year anymore. I'll be sure to wish Sister Baird a happy birthday. She has been a great help to me since being out here. I'm really glad Boog got the letter. I was sitting around and felt like I needed to send him a note, so I did. As dad keeps telling me, even when you don't know why, follow the promptings and great things will happen.

So this week was the most awful/great week. It wasn't that awful or that great. Let me explain. We have been teaching members about getting ready for conference because most people don't. People have been coming up to us thanking us a bunch. On Wednesday, we visited like five people, and only one went smoothly. One investigator who has an impossible accent, went off for like 45 minutes on stupid questions, then we asked him to read the introduction and he did it right there out loud. We then visited a member and she went off on why there are no missionaries in China, how long by plane does it take to get to Salt Lake City, and she had a friend she referred us too who is a devil worshipper. Then we visited Narita, who is on the downhill pretty fast, and Mochizuki Kyodai taught all three lessons in an hour and it was just so long and hard to pay attention. We visited that referral and he went off in his even more impossible accent about why there would be a God if his wife has cancer and son has depression for 2 HOURS! Then he kept telling us we sucked at Japanese and needed to study. I told him we needed to go. He then followed us out. I told the member at church and she thanked me and said she was gonna set up an appointment to meet and teach him in his house. I refuse to go, I won't go. Waste of time.

So that was tough, but we got a new investigator! A referral from a friend in Spain. He is Ronal Kakiguchi. Way nice. He was way excited when he figured out who we were. He seems pretty sick or very unhealthy, but he is a prepared person. Prepared Son of God!

We had a fun dinner last night. It was with Suzuki Shimai, she is from the Mueller Park 4th Ward but has been living in Japan for almost eight years. The Kawasakis were also there. They are the nicest people ever. They are just the friends to everyone. Everyone who needs help or friends, that's them. They make dinner for different people every Sunday night. It's the best, I love them! God works his hands through his children, and I have been a witness of it many a times. We had a great time just talking and having fun. By the way, she graduated from Bountiful in 1996, any of the uncles graduate close to her? I though Ryan, I'm not sure.

This was a real growing week, had a lot of fun and I loved it. I love being out here and seeing God's miracles on a daily basis!

Your Missionary
Elder Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment