Sunday, May 6, 2012

Golden Week

May 6, 2012

Good morning from Fuji! Sounds like it was a great week. I'm really glad to hear how everything went. Sounds like sports is sports. The usual, which I love. I went on an exchange with Elder VanCampen, the Zone Leader, this week. Everyone in the mission, including President and Sister Baird, get us mixed up all the time. We decided that just sitting down and watching a sports game and having nothing to worry about was one of the things we missed the most. Okay, here are the goods on Mother's Day. We will Skpe. It's not hard at all, please don't make it more difficult than it has to be. Get on a computer, get on skype.com or click on the icon on the computer, login, and just wait until I call you at around 9:00 this time. Shoot, sorry I don't know what time that is in Utah.  I will log onto MINE and call you.  I WILL CALL YOU from a members house. If it all fails, which it shouldn't, call my cell phone.  Please don't make this harder than it is. I know Caroline made an account. Just log on and wait for my call at 9:00.

As for the week, it was short and tough, in terms of missionary work. We had sports night and went to two matsuris (festivals). they were all pretty fun. I am so bad at badminton and basketball. I'm not even athletic anymore. It's kind of sad. It was Golden Week in Japan. No one is home and everyone has days off.  I hate holidays in Japan. People told us while housing that it was Golden Week and to not bother them. It kind of stunk. We went to two matsuris which were pretty fun. I had a cream covered banana and some cherry blossom shrimp. It was fun to see the culture of Japan like that. But because of Golden Week, we had pretty much no luck with work. No one was ever home and even the members in the ward were being way tough. The ward mission leader told us to go away and then when I asked him for a small favor he just laughed at me. I was ready to blow up yesterday at church until our investigator finally came and had a way good experience. She said she wants to study more about Nephi and said she will join when she can get an answer. Finally, something good happened. My bike also went down this week. The back wheel had seven holes in it. I think some dumb high school or junior high kids poked holes because they thought it would be funny.


So yes, that was the week of mine here in Fuji. I don't know what will happen at transfers. To be honest I wouldn't be bothered if I left. It might have beautiful scenery and a cool place, but when you have a hard time working with members and investigators, it just puts a damper on everything. I just became District Leader, so I think I will stay longer. Who knows, we will see. Just send the package whenever. I don't care when. I tried sending a package home of some stuff and mabotofu but it cost over $100. Japan is ridiculous sometimes. I hope y'all are lovin' home and life. Things are good, all is well, and God is still good.

shortBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB

No comments:

Post a Comment