Sunday, December 23, 2012

Almost Christmas

December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve!

Yes, it is super cold here, but it just started snowing today. It has been super windy (and I HATE the wind), and rainy. It's kind of warm in the day from the sun, then just drops at like 3:00 or 4:00 every day. It makes it super troublesome when we are out all day. But this was a good week! We went to Zenko-ji last Monday with the district. It's a huge temple up in Nagano. It was way fun. I then went on a kokan with Elder Wilcox after in Matsumoto. It was pretty fun. We got our haircut as well. Everyone says I look like an army guy.


We had our appointment cancelled on Tuesday so we visited one of my favorite Filipina members. She told us that she can't feel the spirit of Christmas because she has to work, has no money, and their condition isn't very good. I shared a scripture with her and told her that Christ wasn't born in the best condition and had no money. It was a very special moment. We both had a realization of what Christmas is really about. Of course people talk about the "Spirit of Christmas" when all we need is the "Spirit of Christ". It was a special moment for me.

Eikaiwa (English class) was fun. We had to do it in a way small room and we were all scrunched together. Chiaki came too and everyone seemed to wanna give me a hard time haha it was pretty fun. On Thursday, we went over to Roberto's house and had a big Brazilian dinner then we watched "17 Miracles". It was way fun.

On Friday, we went to Suwa and did a Christmas conference with the zone and the missionaries in the Honbu (mission home). It was a lot of fun. We watched the mission DVD, shared some testimonies, and just had a nice time with everyone. Then on Saturday in all the rain, we biked over an hour to visit the Komatsus. She was doing her calligraphy class and we got to do it with everyone. I was way bad, but she gave me the brush after and we had a really nice lesson with her and her daughter after. That night, we had the big Christmas concert. Over 200 people came for it. And most of them were non-members. Just two hours of our choir singing and special guests playing the flute or doing opera. It was way good, and a member of the Seventy came too and he stayed and came to church.

Ended off the week with a fun dinner at Hiromi's house. It was a good week. I'm excited for Christmas! We are going to a monkey park today for P-day and I'm pretty excited :) All is well here in the Land of the Rising Sun. I'm glad to be spending Christmas here in Matsumoto! I love you all so much! I will Skype from here at about 10:00 in the morning. I don't know what time that is in Utah....

Elder Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment