Sunday, December 30, 2012

Final Call From Matsumoto

December 30, 2012

Well, my letter is going to be short today too. Sorry it's late, you know how transfers are. I'm being ripped away from my love Matsumoto to go to Takaoka.  Takaoka is up next to Kanazawa. I was literally so surprised. I've been in and out of crying all day to be honest. I don't know what to think. I've been here so long and have loved it so much. I really wanted at least one more transfer. My new companion is de Oliveria. He is a young Brazilian in the mission. This should be an interesting area, half the ward is Brazilian and I speak none of that devil language.

So this week went by a lot faster than I wanted. As you know, we went to the Monkey park and had a crazy Christmas day taking cakes all over. The rest of the week kind of blended in together. We froze our knuckles off every night, and it snowed way bad on Friday. We had a huge snowball fight after ping pong night and we spent three hours the next day shoveling snow there.

I gave a talk yesterday in church because they thought it would be my last, which it was. It was fun, Chiaki came and there was a returned missionary there who works with a bunch of people from Bountiful High (Nate Pope, Jordan Hansen).  His name is Matt Palmer. He was a way nice and funny guy.

I wish I weren't leaving, really. I love this place so much, at least I'm not going to a city area. I don't know what's gonna happen, I might have to ride a train by myself tomorrow to Takaoka. And it's the wettest area in Japan. Great, give me cancer now God. I'm excited and sad, I guess you'll know more how it is next week in the email!

Love you all so much,
my final call from Matsumoto,
Elder Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment