Sunday, February 3, 2013

Letterman Jacket


February 3, 2013

Hey mom, I want to come and do the morning workout routine with you when I get home is that ok? I would like to pick up swimming and try to do some more cardio stuff. You can have a buddy to swim with. Even though you will beat me haha.

This week was a lot better than the last few. Our number of lessons is still lower than I would like, but it was a solid week. We found two new investigators and they both are Japanese! One I found housing.  She and her 6-year-old son love it when we come over. Then the other one came to Eikaiwa and De Oliveira teaches him Spanish now and we share short messages with him. They are two very solid investigators and two people I can talk too weeeeeee!

Here is some fun for this week too, Nancy, Karen and Chiaki came and visited and we went out to eat and went and saw a few sites with them. It was so great to see them! Then I did an exchange with Ashcroft on Friday! That was way fun. We actually had a funny experience together. We were walking to the Toyama church from the station and two policemen stopped us. They took our foreigner cards and took all our information down. Asked a few questions, then just left haha. I think they pulled us over just because we were two foreigners. Completely prejudiced.

So cool story, on Thursday after one of our lessons, we were riding our bikes back to the apartment and we saw a second hand store and I felt for some reason to go in. We went in and looked around. de Oliveira has told me he has always wanted a lettermen jacket but they are too expensive and none his size. After some time, I found an all black one that was 3XL! I looked at the price and it was only $15! I was so surprised and so happy for him! His face lit up and he was so happy for the rest of the day. He hasn't taken it off yet. The Spirit works in mysterious ways.

A member from Takayama took us to get all-you-can-eat BBQ at a Brazilian place. That was way fun. Then we made tacoyaki at a members house last night. I bore my testimony on my conversion story and the parents were in tears and the Spirit was just so strong. It was a truly special moment for all of us.

Hope things are going well, sounds like they are. Got four months from today. I love you all so much and thanks for all you do for me! GO RAVENS!!!

Elder Boob

No comments:

Post a Comment