Sunday, March 10, 2013

New Companion



March 10, 2013

Hey Fam,

Well we did have transfer calls today. I have wanted to train my whole mission. Way excited for the opportunity to do it and bring someone in and just be a way good trainer. Today, that did.......not happen. I will probably never be a trainer now, being I have only two transfers and just brought someone into the new area. My new companion is Elder Hernandez. He is one transfer behind me and doesn't speak a word of Portuguese. So I guess we will see how this goes.

This past week was pretty good. We had our highest number of lessons as a companionship since I got here. Including five on Tuesday, which almost never happens. Our Wednesday was pretty interesting too. We went to have a lunch at an older members house. I think she is a bit crazy up in the head. Or she just gets super lonely because she lives with no one. She just kept talking and talking and talking. She drives a lot of the members crazy. It was a nice lunch though. Then that night at Eikaiwa we had a way fun time. We talked about hobbies and we had people singing, one said his dream was to sing with Beyonce under his arm haha. Then everyone was getting way into the game after.

We went on an exchange with the Zone Leaders. That turned out pretty fun. The guy that came back to Takaoka with me is way cool and we taught a few good lessons. The one at night was with a member and his less active wife. We talked about big lessons we learned from our mission experiences and it really got the wife thinking and remembering about her mission. It was a really good lesson not only for them, but me as well.

It was a good week, you could say. Tell Boog I would LOVE to help him coach this summer. These next few weeks should be pretty interesting. I guess we will have to see how they go! I love you all so much!

Elder Parry

PS happy birthday dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment