Friday, June 10, 2011

Elder Barton

This is a letter we received today from Elder Barton, Evan's good friend who was able to host Evan the day he entered the MTC:

Dear Parry Family,

Y'all are the BEST!!!  Thank y'all so much for the treats and the letters, it meant the world to me!  I want y'all to know that being on the sidewalk when y'all pulled up was not a coincidence.  I prayed every single day since I found out we would be hosting that I would get to host Elder Parry and that prayer was answered.  I was assigned to be at the very end of the line but for some reason after I dropped off the first Elder I just felt like I needed to walk towards the front of the line.  It was incredible to get to see all of you and so much fun to welcome Elder Parry to the MTC!  The MTC is so amazing and the things we learn here are simply incredible.  This past month has changed my life in ways I never thought were possible.  I get to see Elder Parry a ton here and he always stops by at breakfast, lunch and dinner to talk for a bit.  I got to sit next to him at our mission conference this past Sunday to which was really awesome.  He is doing great!  It sounds like the language is coming great for him and he is incredibly excited about the work!  He is going to be an amazing missionary!  His companion is a little different, but I think in the end they will learn to love each other.  Thank y'all so much for everything y'all have done for me!  Especially for all the times you let me come up from BYU with Evan and stay with y'all.  Y'all are like family to me and it meant the world to me to be able to see y'all!  I hope everything is going great for y'all and y'all are enjoying the summer!

Les Amo!
Elder Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment