Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 1, 2011

Duh!  Craig came home and read the card Evan sent and also found a letter in the envelope which I hadn't seen.  Craig still let me read it first.

Dear Family:

It is so great here!  My head is spinning and I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I know that things will get better!  I know you gave me that card to fill out, but the MTC President told all of us to write our feelings tonight.  I love you all so much!  I really do.  I know I will miss you guys, but I know that what I am doing here is what I'm meant to do.  I am doing great here.  My companion is Elder Dinkel.  He is from Nebraska, oldest of nine, and he is super goofy.  He loves punk rock, very skinny, big nose, and just the opposite of me.  We have our room to ourselves!  It's so awesome and roomy.  Parker Andrus is my language instructor.  He is taking care of me.  My P-days are Fridays.  Tell Jake I have to be at the temple at 7:40, so be at the parking lot around 7:00.  My return date is scheduled for June 18, 2013, so Jake can leave after that.  Tell everyone, including the dogs, I love and miss them.

Much love,
Elder Parry

PS  If you get this before Saturday at 8:40 a.m., e-mail me, if not, mail me.  LOVE YOU.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing this blog, Becky. It will be such an amazing documentation of an awesome kid turning into an unbelievable man. Eyes on the prize, Becky, I'm sure it'll get easier. (I could be completely wrong though) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky - this is awesome to see all the fun that lead up to having Evan leave. I love the blog idea. I got emotional seeing and reading all the neat things you have posted so far. Wow 2013 as a return date and then to have Jake leave shortly after. Life is changing...but in wonderful ways. I am really proud of Evan and all of you. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete